Wednesday, January 23, 2008

GRL SANTA CRUZ

Yo good humans of the massive,

So as some of you recall, when I was at the sweet right before xmas, we made a valiant effort to get laser tag working and go light-paint the sky view drive in. Unfortunately, despite getting the software, the software necessary to run that software, a laser pointer (big ups, millz!) and having the proper camera, projector and cables, the shit didn't work. I dunno if it has to be run on an Intel mac or what, but more than that, the setup directions in the documentation conflicted with the setup directions in the program itself. Frustrating.

BUT HARK! There's hope! I was talking to jamie dubs, an ally and grl conspirator, and he informed me that the original laser_tag program has now hit 2.0, and runs on a mac! we were using laser_marker, which the austrian cell wrote in processing. crazy austrians. so go HERE, to Theo's site, and he has uber-thorough documentation and download.

basically, we had all the pieces last time except for functioning software. now we have the final shard and the dark crystal will be complete. course, i need you guys to set it up, but the set up walk through on Theo's site is the best I've ever seen for laser tag.

so go bomb the shit out of the skyview, aight!?!! ALSO, I'm mentioning this now not only because I found out about laser_tag 2.0 today, but also because it gives y'all enough time (theoretically) to test it and take that shit TO PORTLAND!

I've been putting some serious thought into moving to portland before the year is out, and if I do you can bet your ballsack I'll be starting a GRL up there. But you guys could totally prime it for explosivity by given em a taste. you wanna rep yo city? you wanna bring the mothafuckin ruckus to MiniBike CrewCon? Bring em lasers. They won't know what hit em.

OH AND ALSO: WHAT I DID WITH MY SUMMER VACATION (I was behind the scenes extensively for this video with GRL, getting college credit, and the shit finally dropped the other week):

3 comments:

millz said...

aight then lets do. whenever your ready R2

Vibely said...

Yaaao Yevie. Big ups - that shit is hot. Glad to know you're doing your thang <3

bearvsgriffin said...

!!!!! day-am!
Hot vid, love the matrix and time-lapse laser effect drawn around the rappers. super raw and super classy

PORTLAND ... ru ready?