Wednesday, October 15, 2008

For those of you who enjoyed the original...comes a fitting tribute.

Ok, for those of you who haven't already had your lives changed for the better by Frontier Psychiatrist, go watch the original. Ok, now that we're all up to speed, check out this Lego stop motion video tribute. It's got that folksy, authentic youtube style (which I once mistook for just looking amateur) where I know it's not a viral video that's gonna try to sell me something on the sly. And I think the watercolor/pixellation effects look great on the legos with their simplified color scheme. That's what makes old cartoons so good to VJ with - I'll bet footage from this would mash nicely. (I can't wait to get my laptop fixed).

Also, I like what they're doing with text - starting it at an almost legible pace then ramping it up until it's way too much for your brain to process all at once. So you just pick up random evocative phrases straight to the sub-dome.

No comments: