Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I drop knowledge like a clumsy encyclopedia salesman

What up illin chilluns,

Quick note if you didn't get an email update - spurred by a discussion of bike-funk with R2 earlier, I created a Mobile Systems page on the wiki...I thought it was in documentation, but apparently it ain't. If anybody knows how to move wiki pages once created, this one should be in documentation. It provides links for how to set up bike mounted audio and projection, including GRL's Laser Tag. I have some detail pictures of our projection bike on my flickr , but it's in a private set so you have to be one of my contacts to see it. Wait, scratch that, I just realized I can add them to the MX Flickr Group - and so that's what I did.

On the mobile audio tip, there's an installment of the international Mobile Music Workshop going down as a part of the Conflux Festival in Brooklyn. They have really good documentation of the last 3 years of the workshop in the archive section of the MMW website.

Tangent: here's this live electronica band called Simian Mobile Disco, and I heard they're pretty good. They prolly have youtube vids cuz they just played some big shows in NYC.

Also let it be known that I'm already on top of the flyer for the show on the 22nd. The art is done and now that all the bands are confirmed I'm just gonna set the type and I'll post it here asap so you guys can have em printed for the show on the 8th.

2 comments:

millz said...

appreciated a 1000 times over for prompt flier action

Squidelephant said...

on it like a bonnet.