Thursday, October 18, 2007

scripts, cgi robot


as much as I have a problem with not being able to stop the flow of ideas I have, I also seem to invariably go through periods of steriodal growth and arrested development.

the jem game has yet to materialize as did the 2ndact demon short, though both have been video rehearsed...

but this is cool, my robot is nearly done, I thought I'd post a picture. special thanks to kevin, a kid with blender in watsonville...

introducing sambo!

basically, I'll start with a short filmed in the evening about him crash landing in a girlbands backyard after his planets destroyed. good practice with placing a cgi object layer on top of a real background...

then, greenscreen girlband music video with a robot, yes glamourous!

2 comments:

millz said...

thats whats up. when do you think it will be ready? is it a beefy file? can we do a green screen shot asap? are you down to drive to the city and like 6pm saturday? are you interested in doing any of the projects for class??

Xirtus said...

I am very interested in doing the projects for class, I'd like to do them all every day, I'd like to really be able to say I was doing that... I just spent all day getting tripod shots of trees, tilts and pans and dutch shots. -I really would like to talk to everyone about whats happening this weekend, because I really haven't been overly informed, whats the schedule which show is where first and second. ask for the robot we should just film some scenes to put the robot in, I was thinking a house and it could be a roommate with his robot, even played by you...

the robot is okay in the sense that its pretty functional, but it needs better texture. I would like it to be a little dirtier, more dinged up, less shiny... you know