Friday, December 12, 2008

The Great Weight: BodiGram


Hello hello all. I know it's a bit last minute and all, but I wanted to invite everyone to come see me perform with BodiGram (a dance company) at CounterPulse this Sunday Dec. 14th from 2pm-4pm. We will be one of four groups featured in a monthly showcase of works-in-progress called "2nd Sundays". It should be quite interesting.

Here's a bit about BodiGram, in case you might be curious...
BodiGram Dance Company is an emerging dance company formed by choreographers Blair Bodie and Julia Graham. Brought together by their interests in Asian philosophy and movement traditions as well as improvisation and somatic awareness, they blend Western and Eastern thought and form.

You can check out the details of our performance on the CounterPulse website, as well as check out other really sweet events like Frolic: CircusDragBurlesque that happens this weekend as well.

In other news though my house, the Capp St. Co-op, is great, positive, creative and a little bit wild, I was kind of hating San Francisco until yesterday night, when I finally met people I connect with; clowns (literally) of all sorts who also happen to Burners <3 They are all about dark and light circus, cabaret, dance and aerial arts, etc. and introduced me to some events along those lines. So, though I miss Santa Cruz and its forests with a fiery passion, SF is no longer filed under "stupid" to my mind. I miss y'all too and you should come stay with me when you come to San Francisco, or even just come to romp in the city with me.

No comments: