Thursday, February 14, 2008

3d green laser scanning

we're about to go to oregon. I just finished my flash class. I'm sitting in my first maya class listening to this guy talk about maya on windows. I'm thinking about laser scanners. and how it costs 2500 for a professional 3d scanner, so cabrillo should get one. and I'm also thinking about how hard it is to make one, because you know, we'd need all kinds of stuff, like maybe a green laser pointer, for instance...

wow though right?
I mean maybe not 2500 dollars good, but free good at least...
I should calm down though right, I mean I know that theres no way. that'd be too awesome

I mean sure, theres plenty of free open source scanning programs for mac, and sure theres plenty of online websites and tutorials, and sure we have everything we need...


but yeah the rotation, how would that work right? for a smooth scan? you must need some fancy electrical oscillator motor or something? right? granted they come with lego and kinex kids kits but I mean that could cost at least 12 dollars...




otherwise we might need something crazy, like a projector...


these people didn't make it open source though, we need to call them about that...
Song Zhang

Harvard University
One Oxford Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Tel: (631)748-0415
Email: szhang@fas.harvard.edu

No comments: