Thursday, March 27, 2008

new ken burns effect

Hey have any of you guys figured out how to do that ken burns 2.0 effect on still images where the still image is given the illusion of a sharp depth of field to bring out the subject? It looks different from just blurring everything except the subject but works somewhat to the same ends. It is also usually accompanied by accelerated key frame motion (not sure how to do this either) instead of typical two point motion. You see it a lot in scary political documentaries i.e. George Bush becomes falls out of focus as the "camera" seems to accelerate towards Cheney who is wearing an evil smerk. It seems like something one might use a program like after effects or motion to accomplish but I'm not sure. Let me know...

Also, I have found a great track to do a really twisted psyphy remix of so let me know if you're interested. The original artist, Ray Lynch is a friend of a friend. He did his work in the 80's so it's a little bit cheesy but there are really incredible analog sounds to sample. I don't have access to ftp right now so I can't upload anything, but check out the album "Deep Breakfast" by Ray Lynch. It was pretty easy to find a torrent. The song I am thinking of is called "Celestial Soda Pop." Another trip out piece you should check out is by this guy named Xenakis called "Concret pH."

2 comments:

stemcell films said...

yo hope you really are coming, I'll do my best to find out which effect, probably need to figure out which program people do what your talking about in, show me an example. i did the protest in imovie, you can do better in fcp and I bet you're talking about something in adobe after effects.

call me about the protest
andreas
4194383

Mad Zach said...

I am currently in Marin without a car so I will not be able to come this week (tonight) but I will come next week. I'll find a clip that uses the effect. Thanks.