Thursday, April 3, 2008

an R2 update

Howdy Massers..
Much has happened with me in the past weeks and a lot of people are wonderin "Where's R2?"

Well, I've gained a lot of momentum in the world of audio and I've had 0 time to communicate with anybody outside the grind of the studio.

Most of my work has been for hire by this guy Jeremy Wheeler who's working on his full-length debut album but I haven't been working exclusively on that project.
Since the beggining of our last wave of recording we've recorded some of the best studio musicians I've ever met, achieved some of the sickest tones I've gotten in my career as engineer, and I even got to record an entire orchestra! (twice!). Now I have to start mixing the damn thing.

I got an awesome opportunity to go do a bit of work at the world class Hyde St studios in SF. Met some 'famous' and not-so-famous people, got to check out a slew of high quality gear that I will never be able to afford, picked the brains of people who move a lot of weight in the world of multimedia, but more or less took a few leaps forward on my path as an contributer to music.

I should really put my google calendar in a more accessible place for everyone to look at because the first time I posted it I wanted to express to everyone that I was going to 'disappear' from our groove for well over 3 weeks. Please don't take any offense. I don't love any body or any project any less than I did before. I'm just operating within realistic parameters taking into account time, income, energy, and ability to focus.

HOWEVER ... Yuri's night thats where you'll catch R2 narwallagramin' and I'm quite excited to have a game plan and a solid crew to go with. I'll be back in the swing for that and I have been hungrily awaiting the chance to dive more into actionscript and the technology of arkaos, flash, laser tag, opensource apps. The whole deal so that we can bust some shit like this:


ARTIFICIAL.DUMMIES from todo.to.it on Vimeo.

miss and love you all

signing out: R2

2 comments:

one crafty lady said...

dude, that is a BEAUTIFUL projection! can we do this?

-kelly

bearvsgriffin said...

not yet. lets pester them at burning man?