Saturday, July 5, 2008

East/West super orgy


Hey folks!
Just wanted to put you on - seems my plan to merge NYC with Cali is well underway and the rest of the world is doing what they can to say a big fuck you to the whole east coast/west coast rivalry bull too...

I present to you ... the most epic shit I've experienced in a long long time.

Evan - aka the mighty mighty :Milkman: snatched my ass up and hauled me out of the crib to Love, a shiny lil diamond in the rough and redonk streets of the East Village here in NYC.
In a nutshell - Subswara is a force to be reckoned with. They opened and closed and their sticky riddims are on point! Though choppy fades between songs were experienced, these fellas were def puttin' in the work to make our bodies jerk. And wait....success! If you haven't checked em out yet - I strongly suggest you do it NOW.

As for the Mob - Kraddy and ed1T put it down hard though I can't lie - there was def a lil kookiness at the start. Sound went out - choppy first half hour...but it didn't take away from the fact that they dropped "Mike Aaron and Eddy" as their first bomb and later sampled awesomeness by Erykah Badu, Pharell, Notorious B.I.G, Tupac, and loads more I can't remember right now. The NY crowd didn't know where to place their glitchyness...but oh - they felt it in their bellies fast and in no time the Glitch Mob had the floor packed and people going bonkers!

I'm thoroughly wrecked. My limbs are sore...I think I had a couple of epileptic fits from the grimey, glitchy visuals that they threw down...my back feels like it's broken in 3 places...But there's a big ass smile on my face because for the first time in my clubgoing experiences in NYC - east met west and gave eachother a big fat smooch...It was all - "aint nothin' but a chicken wing" - friendly competition style. The crowd was suuuuper diverse and most everyone seemed concerned with making connections, sharing, throwing the hot lovey vibes back toward the rockmeisters, and shakin' it HARD and fast...superfast - that is to say...
MO' BASS!

Love did a good job of fostering the atmosphere and when I checked out their site I read this .
Ahhh...heartwarming.

So - that said - MAD ZACH where you at?! All my Cali n!ggaz...we got some work to do. Come the frrrrrrrrrruck thru - ya dig? Peace straight from the streets my friends <3

Pics to come soon!

:MoJo:

2 comments:

Mad Zach said...

coming soon: Mad Zach vs. Biggie Smalls

keep telling me NY is the shit, Cali is slo mo for the action. See you soon MOJO.

:MoJo: said...

CODA vs. Tupac anyone?