Friday, August 31, 2007

dROID bEATZ

http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifI'm excited to report that I have just booked some personal studio time with Mr. Andy Zenczak of the infamous, Gadgetbox Studios.

I've requested that on either Monday Sept. 24 or Tuesday the 25th, that Andy brings his mobile rig and some microphones over to the Paul Sweet big room for an evening of dirty, stanky, busheiki drum tracking.

What I hope to get out of this is some illy B style drum loops that we can then use to chop, loop, process, and sample to our hearts content. Seems like it will be a good oppurtunity for anybody to suggest any ideas and feels to me that they would love to get loops of for the future. SOOOOO, what I could use from the whole MX crew, besides love, support and encouragement, is to maybe email me some tracks that have feels/styles/voicings/soul that inspires you. I need to get a bunch of ideas on feels and tones I need to capture.

Also, the night of the tracking (I'll let you know what the date ends up being) I could sure use a crew of people to help me capture the right 'vibe'. Mikey, I really would love it if you were there to help hype me up.

After we do the initial drum tracking, I'm scheduled to come to Gadgetbox the first week in October to work with Andy on a Mudbucket-style mixdown. Should be very exciting.

I need to go buy drumsticks.

No comments: