Saturday, August 4, 2007

motorvate

yo bloods,

I just did some work on the pbwiki. I posted my skillset because i'm an intrepid trailblazer. Then I made a page for all the skillsets (just make your name a link to your skillset when you post it) and put a link to that in the sidebar. There's also placeholders in the sidebar for Contacts, Equipment and Documentation. I figure we can create those pages when we have something to put there.

PBwiki is really fuckin dope and easy to use, especially for quickly whipping up a bunch of interlinked pages. I'm intrigued by the plugins - like the one at the top of my skillset that autogenerates a table of contents based on the header titles. Also the portfolio function looks cool but I havent dove into it yet. But it says you can use it to have pdfs, files, slideshows, etc on a wiki page.

Next step - get the massiveexchange igoogle going on, with different tabs for an RSS feed of this blog, feeds from our flickr accounts, pbwiki, calendar, etc.

1 comment:

bearvsgriffin said...

Way to go Paul Bunion. thanks for getting the ball rolling on the Wiki front. Just got my skillset up as well. next will be the contacts/everything else a wiki is good for.
fuck, your totally right, its very EASY to use and a good posting tool for our own quirky little things that we each know.
I would recommend that you do something similar to what I did which was Edit your blogger account (click on your name where it says 'Skillsets' to the right, click on Edit My Profile) and make a link to your wiki skillset so that people can get right to it straight from the blogger homepage.

eek the cat! Get that rat!