Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Do ya know your alphabet, Sugafree?

R2 is in complete agreeance with all the things posted below (especially the science contained within the VLOG).

My apologies to my massive breatheren but shit has been REAL in the audio depot for R2. December has been busy for me. I finished my first LONG term record with a client I've been working with off and on since March at Gadgetbox so that was super choice, and on the 28,29,30, and 31st I aim to do the same with yet ANOTHER big album project.

I mentioned on my blog that I met the new Gadgetbox intern the other day. His name is Gabe and he just graduated the UC as a music major. He's got his shit pretty on point. He plays in a live band that plays jazz tunes in a hiphop style with MCs and the whole 9 yards.

SAMPLES...
ok , if Massive is the place for ideas then heres one that has been stewing for well over a year or 2.

SAMPLE CAMP
(agler made mention of wanting to lock away with the Backflip crew (and more) and do like STRAIGHT SAMPLING FOR A WEEK)
This is essential for ME. I mean, by all means GET ON THIS TRAIN but if no body sees the value in this than fuck .. it'll be a camp of 1 but it doesnt have to be.
We can sample songs, records, iTunes libraries, videos, youtube, DVDs. We could spend just a lot of focused time filling up harddrives with useful media that resonates with us. Then we have a lot of ammo to use to create with ...

we can even make cool little shirts that say
"SAMPLE CAMP '08" and stuff


btw, the godfather of this idea: Evan Rosen, is in town ... and says he wants to kick it mad Sweetish... so ya bes make way. You remember what happened last time homie rolled through?

No comments: