Wednesday, December 19, 2007

outstanding headtrips

Ok, if you really want to know the reasons behind why I am withholding about my ideas sometimes is that. WHEN I TALK ABOUT THEM THEY TEND TO NOT COME TRUE.
So I try to just be quiet and make everything happen myself, this is bad. And completely against the intention of massive-exchange.
SO MAYBE ... just MAYBE if I put some shit on the table and state clearly where my heads at with these projects, perhaps some people won't think I'm blowing a bunch of hot air and might be wanting to jump on board so here we go...

Project 1
: Projections/Music
theme: darkness, rustiness, trashiness, grimey grindcore '08 style.
more or less this would be an expiriment for what I think could be a larger and more meditated performance piece. Phase 1 could simply be something like Adam, Eli, and myself set up in the big room with a bunch of dirty ass electronics and distorted drums and backwards glitch guitars. Andreas projects a mashup of dirty grimey snuff footage and old Black and white japanese horror movies (see Tetsuo the iron man). Hopefully the end result is something new and excititing ... if not, its back to the drawing board

Project 2
: Live music
Straight up, I want to REALLY be in a band again. And to some degree I feel like I'm in 2 right now.
The stuff that me Mikey, Chris Lynch, Agler, and Tommy put down a while back was really exciting to me. We somehow, however lack the time, resources, and most importantly the central organization and motivation to keep the project BANGING on ALL CYLINDERS ALL THE TIME. We have grown a lot as a group but there is WAY WAY WAY WAY more that we can do with those people.
Live drums, live bass, live keys, non-live drums, non-live bass, non live keys, other peoples tracks, video mashups... ALL OF IT some of it or none of it .. I don't care but its killing me to see us do nothing. Largely my fault because I've been a big 'enabler' of progress on this project, I keep giving the same excuse of
"oooh .. I have work"

Project 3
: Music production
Since I became soley a freelancer at Gadgetbox a few things have happened. First off, I've become more confident in my style and my ability to run my own sessions and not need my hand held. Sick.
Secondly, my love and apreciation for the art is coming from a totally new and more sincere angle now. I love working with people, I love hearing their ideas and helping them materialize them. I prioritize this over ALL THINGS,
over me, over narwallagram, over massive, over portland, over evan

OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE. To see the shit through to the end and give it my ALL, no matter whos feelings are at stake.



What I really want to do ... what I REALLY REALLLY want to do is:
Refine style, technique, and musicallity through the act of being personally involved as a player, producer, live remix engineer, ect on personal music projects (ie. ones that i am personally in creating and performing in)
Through the act of doing this I wish to travel to other studios for the purpose of recording tracks and making custom dank-ass sample banks. I can see how other people aproach the art of recording sound and absorb more interpersonal knowledge.
Through doing this I hope that I might be able to travel to different areas and HELP people. Meet bands in all sorts of spheres of culture, help em develop whatever the fuck it is that needs to get developed, and work out some sort of omni-schedule that enables that to happen.

(somewhere ... near Olympia a band cries out for help)
"OOH! PLEASE HELP ME ... These mixes are good ... but theres so much of this '06 Linkin Park style glitch sounds all over it ... Surely there must be a danker option"

*dun dun dun DA!* R2 is here with his mighty audio beef patties.

I hope I'm not being TOO idealistic with these goals but I just want to get the damn thing done, and done CLEAN, and BIG... and bootybastic ... can't forget booty

1 comment:

stemcell films said...

yeaaaaaah! thats awesome! way to go!