Wednesday, May 28, 2008

apparently, intensity > extensivity

Shalomizan, once again, from the mix room.

life is getting very fun and challenging, and as some of you know my position at the PaulSweetery grows more impermanent each day. So over the last few days I've been pushing interactions that may help me thrive in my gypsifyed state of being.

This weekend I was in Belden, CA: Pop. 23.
I was helping the space circus out with a little bit of set up for the Bobolink festival. Which, to my suprise, ended up not being a COMPLETE hippy romp that got rained out and lost a bunch of money due to low ticket sales,
why?
because, somehow, someway, some PSYPHY-ass motherfuckrz weaseled their way in and fucking KILLED it on the dubstep tip. every stage, every night, sick.

checkout:
Illoom
Djunya
Breakbeat Buddha
David Starfire

Anyways, since it was such a small and long (3 and a half days) festival I had a good amount of time to name drop Narwallagram, meet some promoters, and get loose like a cannon when they dropped the nasty, cough-syrup, basslines.

There was also a gentleman I met named Ryan, with a merry band who said he does all manner of promotion under the name Champagne and Bacon. He's putting on the Cirque Du Soulstice. But more importantly he said he would be interested in getting us out to Reno in August to VJ for the Glitch Mob and other gigs. Tall promises for someone who's never seen our VJ stuff..

there was a big pit in my stomach the whole time not being able to VJ at the drop of the hat. so many opportunities missed.


sooo, tommorow (er today) Ima meet with Andreas at 1o'clock to work on
1.) business cards
2.) VJ promo reel (in HD of course)
3.) website construction
4.) any sort of creative mashing that may be nessessary to complete the above tasks.

and...

TELL YOUR MOMMY AND YOUR GRANDPAPA TO CHEK OUT THE NEW NARWALLAGRAM


opensource hi-res photoshop file for the site is available here

2 comments:

bearvsgriffin said...

PS
I haven't reconnected with any of these DJs/promoters yet because our web presence/group motivations are not up to par with their needs..
yet

Come 8 o clock tommorow (today) this will be a different story

Xirtus said...

I love how all the youtube clips open at once and its just like grrglitcvhhhH@!

lets put that gif on the back of www.narwallagram.com