Sunday, May 25, 2008

project BUSHIKIWHOMP

So R2 made this proposition to me the other day, that as I x-acto my way thru infinite national geographics, I should scan them suckers before I fuck with em, put em up and then he + whoever will chop up that same source material and use them for any manner of visual remixing. So I get more inspiration to dig in the crates, you all get a nicely curated, selection of hi-res natty-G dankness, and we all get to see how various folks interpret the same source material.

So to that end, I made an image gallery w\ fuckflickr (open-source, full featured, lo-profile, extensible image gallery software developed by fffff.at labs). One is up, with 3 pics in it, minimally fucked with. Many, many, many more to come. All are jpgs scanned at 150 dpi. If y'all want TIFFs, or something else, lemme know.

Project BushikiWhomp is also for me an exploration of the parallels between visual collage and audio collage (specifically sample based hip-hop and electronic music), and developing, by analogy, visual (tr/h)ip-hop that is sample based as opposed to graff based. And then on top of that, by sharing source material (be that code, images, sampled records and multitracks etc) and documenting our process, we are doing are part to make open source the 6th element of hip hop. Good minds of the massive, weigh in on this emerging field!

2 comments:

millz said...

damn right when i went flickr pro too! but that is a wonderful idea. told agler to call you today. and we are leaving on the 12th.

bearvsgriffin said...

1 l00k 4-w4rd 2 pWN1nG j00