Monday, June 30, 2008

hey so we are going big at the burn


hey beings of this massive world. there are humans growling barking and shrieking all around me. and i am sitting on a porch in vancouver at 12:24am. i am communicating that i really want to keep burning man info, issues, concerns, questions, ideas, goals, and beyond flowing here on the massive. i am not worried per say i just know that we have alot to figure out between now and then. 61 days from right now. so i will tell you wht i know and what i think. i know that our e-mail list is not complete and that we need to make sure that everyone that is camping with us is on it. i know thAT that our contact to camp with nexus is haroot and tht it is only 100$ to camp with them and that we need to sign up with them in some way or form. i know that david spatola called me and has confirmed that he will drive his van and tow a trailer (fuckin crucial!) i know that we are trying to run a bike shop on the esplanade and we need to trouble shoot the shit out of what capacity we want to be working at. we should also figure out who is working and when. and what kind of tools and parts we are bringing. i also know that we HAVE to throw some sort of successful fundraiser before the burn if not several. i have heard good ideas ranging from skillshare fair to secret cafe (breakfast somewhere fun) or a fat BBQ. but we need to attempt to raise community money. for travel expenses. i also heard nexus is hooking up showers (awwww shit) dont have to run after the water truck every day this year, although thats still fun. other than that we should be thinking of things like making signage and banners for the camp and somehow find a way to presuade sean to still camp with us!! and think about things you can create for trade with people. i just really feel a bit distant from the whole situation and want to see what is on people minds so i will unroll mine first. so lets build this camp and make it rock solid through this beautiful outlet which we have created. and if you want to see where the rest of my sare time efforts are going visit www.howthewstcoastrocks.blogspot.com

so much love going out to ll you that love me and dont and understand me and dont
P.S. check out my new tattoo. it says DRAW, in my letters. got it in seattle
--millz

3 comments:

bearvsgriffin said...

Hey Mikey -- R2 here. I think you and I are on good terms, but things were really crazy as I was moving out of the bearcave and you were gearing up for bike tour. If there was any beef or issues (im not sure, stuff was so chaotic) i'd like to put them behind us. You are one of my best friends in this world and I fully intend to use BM as an excuse to finally make the collective art that we always knew we could make. werd to that.

anyways. I'm currently residing in the styx of Vermont, working on some music with companions. It's beautiful up here... I will try to return to Santa Cruz between August 1st-5th with an open schedule and a some money that I earn here.

Zach, Coda, Andreas, and myself should be working pretty dilligently on our whole multimedia extravaganza for the playa. If we pull that shit tight and have CDs/ DVDs/biz cards/things to trade we will most likely be able to rock more than just nexxus nebula.

Fund raisers ... I like the BBQ idea, i went to a BBQ in brooklyn where they charged $10 for all you can eat ... it seemd to work out and lots of people attended.
As for a skillshare fair... im also very into that idea. I can teach photoshop (or an even more specific class: getting hyphy with video layers in photoshop)


miss the HTWCR-bike crew, as well as my SOFA crew. peace ya'll

squidelephant said...

YO!

Mizzzlz, thanks for keepin up momentum on this. 61 days, huh? Dayum, we gotta get on that hustle.

Here's what's on my mind:

1 - when are we leaving? Do we need to get there early to set up the bike camp? For the bike camp, I think labeling everything and coming with a legit gear list is critical.

2 - LASER TAG. We all still in favor of this, right? We gotta make sure the system is locked tight, and make a dust proof enclosure for the electronics, particularly the projector.

3 - Are we still building a dome? Is there space/need for that in the nexus village?

And finally, I'm ALL ABOUT throwing some serious fundraisers. I'm planning on being in SC by the fifth or seventh of august. Even if I can't be there, I'm still down to contribute...like a flyer maybe?

bearvsgriffin said...

we dont have a lazer :(